1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

auto-install office 2013 with MAK

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gurutech, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurutech

gurutech Thread Starter

OK, so the company I work for finally provided a MAK installation disk and license key for Office 2013 for me to install on a bunch of computers.

I've copied the entire contents of the CD up to a network share so I can do multiple installations at once, which saves me a lot of time.

The problem now is that I have to click through each of the steps during installation, the license agreement, the "install now", etc... Then I have to go back after the install is complete, and open Word or another app, go to Account, then change the product key to the one that I was given, which will make the copy of office activated.

I've checked online and found that I can create an MSP file that includes the correct product key through the Office Config Tool (OCT), which I have done, but whenever I run the MSP file, it tells me that there is no copy of office to "upgrade". I've been able to just run the setup.exe and it runs with no problems, on a new machine, so there's nothing for it to upgrade anyway.

Now, if I install office on one of the machines, and then run the MSP file, it works fine, but there's no reason to do this if Office is already installed.

How can I make the MSP file work without a previously installed copy of Office on the computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1109546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice