Auto Logoff Win2K after inactivity

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mapman

I need to have a workstation automatically logoff a user after a defined period of inactivity.

I have looked in Local Security Policy and have only found an Automatic Logoff option for when the users Logon times expire.

Suggestions ?

Thank you

Brooks

You have a couple of options. One is a utiulity that comes with the resource kit called the winexit screensaver. It takes a little setting up for non-admin users, but it does work.

The other would be this freeware program that will also do this and is easier to setup. They have complete instructions on thier site.

http://www.winability.com/activesaver/

mapman

Thank you Brooks, I opted for ActiveSaver, simple, quick and easy.

Have a good day,

MapMan

Brooks

You are welcome.

Glad that it solved your problem.

Have a nice day.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online