Auto refresh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jparr111

A friend of mine is have a problem with refresh.
She is a member of a craft board. This problem started 3 weeks ago. (no problem for 4 yrs.)
When she makes a post and submits it, she has to use the refresh button at the top to see her reply. It doesn't auto refresh for her.
She is very diligent about keeping her temp. files empty and her Spy and Virus protections up to date.
Any help here much appreciated.

Has she tried logging out, clearing out all her cookies and then bring up her browser again and logging back in?

She only has a problem with one website?

This almost sounds like a script problem on the host website.

Has someone else tried visiting this same website to see what happens? Has she asked anyone else on the forum if they're having a problem?

jparr111

I'm a member of the site also and I don't have this problem.
Has me baffled.

I'm doing a little research on the problem. I have found other people on other websites with the exact same problem . . . however, the solutions offered aren't much help. The advice is usually "Switch to FireFox or Opera!"

Here's a question, what BB software is used on the website in question? Most of the time it will be at the very bottom on the webpage. For example, this website uses VBulletin, a common BB type program used on many forums.

jparr111

Thanks for the replies...
This Craft site is with Invision Powerboard v1.3
Again, I'm not experiencing this problem with IE or Opera.:confused:

jparr111

OK, I have taken care of all my settings and it hasn't changed or helped. What is weird is that 1 out of 4 or 5 posts will go to the top, but the rest just stay where they are. When I post and click add reply, then go back to the room, it doesn't even show where I have replied until I hit refresh, then it goes to the top and shows my name. I cannot figure it out.
This is from, we call her, San

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online