1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Auto replies in Outlook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Jim McDonald, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald Thread Starter

Hi

Please can anyone tell me if it's possible to lodge a message on my ISP server such that if a mail is sent to the email address, containing key words, a response is automatically generated. I can of course get my machine to generate a reponse automatically if an email is sent in with certain key words in the subject line but this only operates when I'm logged in. I want it to operate, if possible, when I don't even have the machine switched on.
    Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Jim McDonald

Am using Office XP

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

I have just signed on with a new domain hosting service for one of my sites, and they advertize they have a server side auto reply program available.
    Whether your ISP or hosting service has one, or will allow you to install one is another thing.

3. Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald Thread Starter

Thanks, Bassetman. I'll enquire of my ISP.

Jim

4. bassetman

5. dmurfitt

dmurfitt

how do I setup an auto reply in Outlook XP? Just to say "thankyou, someone will get back to you shortly" ?

cheers,
    dan

6. bassetman

Hi Dan

It would be best if you started your own thread for this, so as to minimize confusion on what answers apply to who. :cool:

I'll PM you a URL to show you how to do it in 98SE OE. It may be similar enough to work in XP.

John

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice