1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Auto-Shutdown is making me mad

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Daredeval756, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Daredeval756

Daredeval756 Thread Starter

Ok, my Win2k3 is getting to my nerves now. When ever i leave it alone for about 30 - 45 min, it turns it self off, thats all i know :(

2. jbm1991

jbm1991

erm this isnt quite my feild of expertise but i would imagine if you go into control pannel, and then switch it to classic view (it might on already as im using XP and so i have to do it), then click on "power options" and simply change the settings of "turn off hard disks" etc to never
    or a preferred time scale
    i personally have my monitor on 20 minutes power off but switch to never if you want.

let me know how you get on.

john (y)

3. Daredeval756

well since this is win 2k3 it does not have those type of options :(

4. fxj10cn

fxj10cn

First check the event logs for any error messages on failures, especially with the RPC service.

Also, check to make sure that the power settings are disabled and the system is not entering a hibernation mode. Powering down network cards and hard disks can easily cause a server to fail.

5. Daredeval756

well lucky me! The event viewer is corrupted :p, i think im just going to format, all of the shared files are backed up on to an external HDD

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/619329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice