Auto Sizing Forms for all screens?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

softspoken

I am having issues where my form size is different per user depending on there screen size. Is there a way to make the form fit any screen? Auto size or something? If you could help I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

cwwozniak

Chuck
It might help if you told us exactly what software or file type you are using for the form.

OBP

Chuck, they are using Access.
I do not know of any standard "Autofit" for forms, you normally have to work with the smallest Screen size as a "norm" or they will just have to scroll.
You can use "Maximise" so that the whole screen is filled, but it doesn't actually make the form any bigger or smaller.

softspoken

Ok. When you say smallest screen size are we talking about monitors or are we talking about Display Options and settings where its 1280 by 1024 pixels ?

And when you say Maximize you mean "On Open" DoCmd.Maximize ?

thanks

OBP

Yes to both questions, but physical screen size also plays a part as high resolution on a small screen can make it very difficult for anyone with poorer eyesight to read the data if Font sizes are also small.
You could go with the "average" screen/size & setting to minimise the number of users who will need to do any scrolling.

softspoken

When I use the DoCmd.Maximize it is giving me an error "Microsoft Office Access cant find the macro "DoCmd."

What am I doing wrong ?

softspoken

no, sorry. I wouldnt have known to do that. Could you help me do what I need to do.

OBP

Go to the VBA Editor (Alt + F11) and on the main menu>Tools>References in the drop down find and tick (if they aren't already)
Visual Basic for Applications
Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library
Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library
OLE Automation

Then try it again.

OBP

Put the
DoCmd.Maximize
in the Form's "On Current" Event and remove it from where it is now.

softspoken

same error. this is the full error message.

" The macro( or its macro group ) doesnt exist, or the macro is new but hasnt been saved. ( But I did save it lol ) ..Note that when you enter the macrogroupname.macroname syntax in an arguement , you must specify the name of the macro's macro group was last saved under."

softspoken

I took a look at that database and when i clicked on the event all i seen was [Event Procedure] ...?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online