1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

auto text in Word

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by higginsbl, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. higginsbl

higginsbl Thread Starter

In both Word 2003 and 2007 you can begin to type something like "Dec" and it will "ask you" if you want "December" and you can hit enter and it will add it. In Word 2003, I can type a word or phrase, go to "new auto text" and give it a name (usually smaller than the actual word) and then it will do the same thing (ie: "Ent" will trigger it to ask if I want "Enterprises" and then I can hit enter to insert). Though I can create an "autotext" OPTION in 2007 that allows me to go through an autotext menu and CHOOSE to insert my special word (ie: Enterprises), I cannot find a way to get it to do the trigger to enter it for me. Has this feature been taken out of 2007 or am I just missing it?

Thanks for helping!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/884436

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice