Auto updating web page tool?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

digitized

What I'm looking for: Have a web-page open where messages are automatically updated on the screen without refreshing the web page. The updates will be done manually on the back end.

As well, graphs and charts that similarly update automatically.

Is there something like this out there?

(Also, is this possible with HTML/CSS/Javascript?)

digitized

@JiminSA
The meta tag sounds like a really simple and good idea but won't you see the page blink off and then on again as the it's re-loading?

First Name
Colin
@digitized yes you will see the page completely refresh each time as it re-loads the page that is why I said in my earlier reply to use Ajax.

First Name
Jim
The meta tag sounds like a really simple and good idea but won't you see the page blink off and then on again as the it's re-loading?
Indeed it will:(, but as Colin says AJAX will enable you to refresh the specific div which contains your messages as opposed to the whole page and is therefore the better answer(y) example

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online