1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Autocad and Dell Inspiron Ryzen 7 2700x Eight Core

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lukasmkrk, Aug 2, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. lukasmkrk

lukasmkrk Thread Starter

Hi All!
    Recently I bought Dell Inspiron AMD Ryzen 7 2700x Eight Core. I am going to work in AutoCad however desktop seems to be a little bit slow also in AutoCad and things like youtube. I need some review should I return it and get somehing new? What do you think? Thanks a lot!

2. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Need the complete make/model of your Dell. Need the actual title of software (CAD program) you're using.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I can tell you that I have two personal systems; a ryzen 1700X overclocked to 3.9gig and an intel 7600k overclocked to 4.5gig. On any multicore benchmark, the ryzen system blows the intel out of the water. Literally doubling the cinebench cpu score.

My guess [and it is only a guess] is that a dell is slow because of all of the bloatware installed on a dell/hp system.
    How much ram do you have AND what speed is the ram?
    Have you done any benchmarks and if so what were the scores?

4. lukasmkrk

lukasmkrk Thread Starter

Pls see pic

Attached Files:

5. lukasmkrk

lukasmkrk Thread Starter

Specs

Attached Files:

6. lukasmkrk

lukasmkrk Thread Starter

AutoCad 2016

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That really does not say much. 16gig of ram is fine IF it is high speed ram. Next no ssd??? That alone is going to cause slow boots, slow programs loading.
    Run the cinebench cpu test [not the video test] Post the score here. As an example my older 1700X will score 1650 or so on cinebench.
    Note cinebench is a free download.

8. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Also extra antivirus software(Avast, Norton, McAfee, etc) can slow a Win10 pc down. Removing it may help a little bit.

9. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
  10. lukasmkrk

lukasmkrk Thread Starter

11. lukasmkrk

lukasmkrk Thread Starter

I will run cnbench when I get home but generally what would you guys recommend? I am thinking about returning but jave no idea what to choose instead.. . Thanks for all your help!!!

12. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Well, for that price I would recommend an intel/nvidia pc, but that is biased information.

Run it when you get home, and see if crjdriver can help you out more. They seem to know a lot about amd.

13. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It really depends on what you want the system to do. It would appear from your first post that you want it to do AUTOCAD however if that is not the case ie you want it for gaming, then say so.
    I am NOT a fan of dell computers for gaming or any stressful endeavor. We must have at least 3000 dells at work and they do a fine job for basic tasks; ie office work, weather briefings, recurrent training, etc, etc. I would never think of attempting to use one for gaming or any other stressful task.

From what I see, two reasons the system seems slow; no ssd and having mcafee installed.
    I would really really get rid of mcafee and go with the built in windows defender. If you have to go with a third party AV, then probably avast or avira.

14. lukasmkrk

lukasmkrk Thread Starter

Thank you for answer. I need computer only for AutoCad, not for gaming at all. Best to all! Later I will post cnbench report. Thanks!

15. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

That system should be fine for running autocad with the addition of a ssd in place of the mech drive [and getting rid of mcafee]
    Up to you IF you want to return the system however I would really go with a ssd over the mech drive for the system drive.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice