1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AutoCad Architecture 2011 does not startup

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jediwushu, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jediwushu

jediwushu Thread Starter

Hi,

I installed autocad architecture 2011 and tried starting the program up. When I double click and open the autocad application up, only a blank gray screen appears with the "A" symbol on the top left hand side. No error messages pop up. The rest of the application does not load and stays on the blank gray screen. The only buttons I can click on are the "A" autocad symbol that lists "restore, minimize" on the upper left hand corner of the screen and the minimize "-" and maximize box on the upper right hand corner - the "x" close window does not work and I have to control + alt + delete in order to close the autocad application. I have Windows 7 64-bit operating system and downloaded the 64 bit autocad. My drivers are up to date and I can't seem to find any solution(s) to this problem. Any ideas what might be wrong? Please help [​IMG] I have an project due on monday and need autocad to do the assignment. Thanx in advance for any help!

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

I had a similar problem with AutoCad 2006 and Autodesk customer service suggested adding the application to exceptions in Date Execution Prevention (DEP). You also have a reply at the autodesk.com forum.

3. jediwushu

jediwushu Thread Starter

ooo hmm. how do i do that?

4. jediwushu

jediwushu Thread Starter

Frank4d - thank you for ur response but I don't seem to be able to add the application to expceptions in the DEP - every time i try to paste the app in the add list - i get the message " you can not add x64 executables" :( any other suggestions or ways to bypass this? I also tried msconfig to restart in diagnostic mode with licensing of flexnet licensing service chekced and was able to start up autocad...but i don't know how to keep it that way in normal start mode :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/954067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice