1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

autochk not found and BSOD during start-up

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Terror_666, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terror_666

Terror_666 Thread Starter

I recently got a Crucial M4 SSD, now I have cloned my windows partition onto it with Clonezilla. everything worked fine (only 1 bad sector). Now when I boot from my old disk everything is still in working order. I can see my new SSD with its cloned partition with the windows OS on it. however when I try and boot from the new SSD the windows splash screen appears it then says it cannot find autocheck and drops to a BSOD screen.

I have tried the following using a recovery disk;
    bootrec /fixmbr
    /fixboot
    /rebuildbcd

bootsect /nt60 all

and the autorepair functions on the recovery disk, none of these have had any effect.

2. Lance1

Lance1

You may need to do a clean install on the SSD drive. You have the old drive to access your data so set the SSD as the primary drive C:\ and the old drive as the slave drive. Do the clean install and copy your data from the old drive to the SSD. When you have all you need from the old drive clear it of and use it as a backup drive. It would be best this way.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!