Autoclickers only work within their own window

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AlvinLiang

Hi, after months of struggling with this issue and not being able to Google the solution, I've come here as a last ditch effort.

I use auto-clickers (simple applications that click repeatedly where the mouse is) to automate simple tasks on my Windows 10 PC computer.

A couple months ago, they simply stopped working.

On my other laptop (also a Windows 10 laptop), I didn't have the same issue.

After a while, I figured out that the auto-clickers hadn't stopped working, they just stopped working outside of the window that initiated them! So when I opened the auto-clicker and tried to use it on a Google Chrome browser window, it wouldn't work, but if I switched back to, or even hovered over, the auto-clicker window, it would work again.

There are no solutions or even tips online that could help me figure out what's going on.

I can only assume that I have installed some sort of software or toggled a setting that now prevents functions initiated within one window to affect other windows.

Some of the auto clickers I've tried include Free Mouse Auto Clicker, Auto Clicker, and Super Mouse Auto Clicker. I've tried others, but I'm not sure of their names. They all failed at around the same time.

I know it's a shot in the dark, but if there's any chance anyone has any experience or advice that could point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it!

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would say that using any "auto clicker" would be dangerous to ones system.
What is so bad that one can not simply click the mouse a few times to ensure that nasty's do not get downloaded and installed?

AlvinLiang

I would say that using any "auto clicker" would be dangerous to ones system.
What is so bad that one can not simply click the mouse a few times to ensure that nasty's do not get downloaded and installed?
The auto-clickers I'm using just click in the place where I place them, it's mostly for repetitive stuff where I have to click in the same spot thousands of times. They don't pose any danger to anyone's system. They wouldn't even be able to download a file, it'd take more than one click in a single point to do that! Any ideas for what could be causing the issue?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Since I do not use one and have no use for one, I have no idea as to why you are having issues.
Hopefully, someone will come along that may be of help.

Oddba11

Jim
Most likely a security related patch/update to Win10 (or some other security related update, such as UAC).

Aside from that, uninstall the app, reboot, and then reinstall and see what happens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online