autologon for windows 98 on a local area network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

retrokid01

I am having trouble adding a automatic logon for windows 98, my computer is part of a network and is locked down. When the computer boots it automatically loads citrix, to start a session. Which requires a username and password. My aim is to log in once at citrix. Ive tried installing a program called TweakUI but this doesn`t seem to work, or it does work but it only works now and again. Ive also tried editing files in the registry. For example adding the following values

Autoadminlogon: Reg_sZ: 1
DefaultUsername: Reg_Sz: %the user name it should auto logon as%
Defaultpassword: Reg_Sz: %the password for the auto logon user%

Have you got any ideas?

Thanks

If you are looking for something to automate the citrix login you should probably go to their web site. THe username and password variables do not work in Win98 but do work in WinNT

That's for a Windows networking login. I think he is trying to automate the Citrix login.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online