1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

automated form filling software

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Brandon_j, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Brandon_j

Brandon_j Thread Starter

At work I spend over 90% of my working day filling out online forms (peak season, i guess). Is there anything more advanced than Password Manager out there that could ease and speed up the process? Would really appreciate your recommendations!

2. stantley

stantley

AI RoboForm (freeware) should work for you.

Here's the description: AI RoboForm is secure password manager that can automatically log you into your web accounts with a single click. The program can automatically learn from a new login, just click the a button to save the current login information - the next time you want to access the site, you can do so with a single click. Your stored logins are securely protected by a master password and AES encryption, so there is no need to remember individual password, or to use insecure passwords in order to remember them more easily. In addition to secure password storage and automatic logins, RoboForm also includes an automatic form filler, that uses Artificial Intelligence to populate common form fields (name, address etc.) whenever you encounter a web form to fill. Besides the obvious convenience of one-click logins, the program also adds an additional level of security by restricting password entry to matching sites, and bypassing keylogger captures (sine you don`t have to type the password). RoboForm works with Internet Explorer, AOL/MSN, and Firefox.

3. Brandon_j

Brandon_j Thread Starter

cool, thanks. does it have the option of auto filling the same form with different information? have you actually used it, btw? any major bugs?

4. stantley

stantley

No I haven't actually used it, but from what I've heard it's very good. Snapfiles gives it 5 stars, so there's another testimony.

5. Brandon_j

Brandon_j Thread Starter

i had inetformfiller recommended to me on a different forum just now. is it any good?

6. John Burns

John Burns

It's a good program - however, the free version is limited to 10 passcards or less. If you want more than 10 passcard, you have to go to the Pro (paid) version.This might be a consideration in your case.

7. finwood

finwood

Netscape has form autofill built in.

8. Tom Seeley

Tom Seeley

Pardon my butting in, but I just downloaded and installed and started using the free Roboform, as a replacement for Norton Password Mgr. I knew it would "fill up" at 10 passcards but I thought I'd try it and pay for the big one if I liked it, since I HATE, DETEST, DESPISE anything by Norton!

Well, maybe I don't know what Roboform considers a "passcard", or maybe I'm using base 10 arithmetic and they're using something else, cuz I now have 13 passcards and so far it shows no sign of "tilt"ing or stopping or sending me any sort of message about having reached any sort of limit.

hmmmmmmm..........

9. raybro

raybro

Check your version.. I have version 5.6.6 which allows 30 entries. In fact, that is the reason I did not upgrade to the newer version (v6.7.7). It only allows 10 entries. Guess they figured out allowing 30 entries did not encorage people to buy it. Take a look here for versions that will give you more entry capability. I suggest v5.1.5 or earlier. I'm going to check out v6.0.3 just for the nuts of it. I'll post back with what I find out.

Raybro

10. Uriel-TOF

Uriel-TOF

You can create unlimited profiles with the pro version of AI Roboform and automatically fill as many forms as you would like using the different profiles.

11. Tom Seeley

Tom Seeley

12. raybro

raybro

Where did you download v6.7.6 from. I'd like to check it out for my own use. I've had the v5.6.6 forever and maybe a newer version may have some advantages. As long as it still allows me 30 entries, I'll probably use it.

Raybro

13. Tom Seeley

Tom Seeley

14. Brandon_j

Brandon_j Thread Starter

the problem solved, thought i'd update...we stopped on iNetFormFiller after all...=) we found it more convenient than roboform (batch mode filling that inetformfiller has and roboform doesn't was the decisive argument...)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice