1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Automated install of Win98

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by 2Seek, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2Seek

2Seek Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have created an msbatch.inf file to automate Win98 installs. I have used MSbatch.exe, also tried copying other successful infs off the web and editing the preferences in notepad.

In all these scenarios the installation runs fine until the pc reboots after W98 installs. After restart I am presented with a Windows98 Setup Wizard, with the username and/or company name filled in, then I must click next, accept the EULA agreement (yes, I have entered ShowEula=0 in setup) click next, arrive at the product key page (Key is already entered) and click next to accept.

In msbatch all boxes are ticked under general setup options / setup prompts. OS is Win98SE.

From what I have read the auto install should not stop here but proceed unobstructed to the point where windows starts up and detects the plug n play monitor. I have wrestled with this for about 3-4 days and have reinstalled windows more times than I care to remember. What am I missing here? Please help me salvage what sanity I have left. Any help and/or ideas, preferably solutions, much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice