1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Automated Reminders excel 2007 thru Outlook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mvoklus, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mvoklus

mvoklus Thread Starter

Hello.
    I have been tasked to keep track of follow ups for Implementation dead lines.

This is my first post here. I need your help in developing a mechanism to send an automated outlook mail, when the due date is 14 days away from being implemented/addressed. The script should preferably run automatically every time the PC is running. without the excel file necessarily open.

In the attached excel file, An email should go of to -email address (Col. J), with subject "Audit Follow Up_Audited Function (Col. A) is due on Due date(Col. I)", and body "Dear Name(Col. K), Reminder - Audit Follow up on Implementation Date"
    Also, the script should put a check mark on Reminder sent column (Col. L) after the mail is sent, the script should also check if the value of the cell is blank before sending email.

I have scoured the forum for similar problems, and although I found a number of of threads,I am not proficient enough in VBA to modify them to my needs.

I'd really appreciate any help. I've attached my sample spreadsheet.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    What are you going to do when you get some VBA help, how're you going to maintain it ?

3. mvoklus

mvoklus Thread Starter

Hi Hans,

I have some basic know hows of maintaining VBA worksheets and dealing with VBA. I'd say I am not too proficient.
    I just needed help in setting up my worksheet.

Regards

4. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    No problem, was just a question, and you don't want to become dependent on others with this type of issues.
    I'll take a look and see if I can get it done for you :)

5. mvoklus

mvoklus Thread Starter

Thank you Hans.

Much appreciate your help :)

Regards

6. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Keep in mind that unattended Excel execution will require you use the task scheduler, I always use vbs scripts to trigger the task so your system must accept that fact that a vbs script is marked as trusted.

7. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Here's the Excel file and the vbs script.
    You must place bot the xlsm file and the vbs script in the same folder.
    To run it unattended you sill have to create a scheduled task that runs every day and invoke the vbs script.
    If you just open the Excel file it will not run the checkandsendmail macro unless you do it manually.

The outlook code now displays the message en saves it to your drafts folder, you can later activate the send line and deactivate the save and display for it to work.

Attached Files:

8. mvoklus

mvoklus Thread Starter

Hi Hans,
    WOW!! I can't thank you enough.!

Thank you ever so much...it worked perfectly well.

its making life so much easier.

I hope i get to master VBA as well as you do.

Very greatful indeed!!!!!:):):)

Kind regards
    Maggie

9. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Nice work Hans.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1175970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice