automatic computer startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tack8

I recently bought a used Dell Optiplex for my niece. It came w/o an OS. I installed Win98 w/o problem. The computer is running great w/one exception. Every morning at 6:30 it powers on by itself and scares the daylights out of my niece. She thinks it's possessed. I thought I found something in the task scheduler and deleted it, but that didn't work. I don't see anything in the BIOS, but I could be overlooking something obvious. Can anyone help? Many thanks.....

There are a lot of different optiplexes can you post the model or service tag (serial number)?

There should be an entry in the bios called "Auto power on" You need to set this to disabled. Many businesses use this function to ensure the machines are up and running when the staff arrives.

SeeYa

tack8

thanks, i'll look at the BIOS again

I'll have to get back to you on the model.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online