1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Automatic Email From Excel When Due Date Is Approaching

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bhrynyk, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bhrynyk

bhrynyk Thread Starter

Hello,

This is my first post here. I have been searching all over the internet trying to find an answer to my excel problem. I am pretty new to excel and my goal is to have excel automatically send an email out to me when the due date of a training is approaching. I have already set it up using conditional formatting to fill the due date box yellow if a due date is less than 30 days away but I would like excel to email me a reminder so I don't have to remember to check the spreadsheet every month.

I have it set up with a training summary sheet that shows the # of trainings due within 30 days so what I really need is a macro to send if the cell is greater than 0.

I have done a lot of searching but am new to excel programming and can not figure out how to adapt the codes I have seen to satisfy my needs. Or where to enter them

I attached the workbook I am trying to do this for. Im looking to apply the macro to the 'Training Summary' sheet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brandon

Attached Files:

2. CDHarm

CDHarm

Hi,

In order to do this we need more information.
    Will the workbook be opened every day?
    If so you can set the code to check the date and E-Mail you.
    If the workbook will not be opened every day then you can use the "Task" manager
    and have it open the workbook to check the date.
    You can also set a code than when the workbook is opened it will check the
    Date and if you need to review it will activate the sheet and then Highlight the Date.

3. bhrynyk

bhrynyk Thread Starter

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. If it is possible I would like it to email me notifications without having to open the workbook. Most of the training requirements are yearly so I would like to just have it use task manager to open it maybe once a month so I don't have to worry about remembering to check it.

If its not possible to do it this way my second best option would be to add a button to it that when the button is clicked it will send notifications to emails. I do not want it to send emails everytime it is opened because this spreadsheet will be used by multiple departments and could be opened quite frequently

Thanks,
    Brandon

4. bhrynyk

bhrynyk Thread Starter

I figured out how to use task manager to open the workbook automatically. Now all I need to do is figure out how to make the code send an automatic email if a condition is met.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1067035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice