1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved automatic ethernet connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by deety, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deety

deety Thread Starter

Hi,
    How do I stop my ethernet connecting automatically? Unticking the box on the network settings has no effect, as it just re-ticks itself!
    Cheers

2. AmyToo

AmyToo

First Name:
    Amy
    Disable the adapter in Device Manager.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    The above will do it; or simply disconnect the Ethernet cable at one end (computer or modem/router).

4. deety

deety Thread Starter

OK, so the connect automatically option is fixed, and if you can't de-select it it's pretty meaningless, so has no purpose being there at all. I hoped that in this case windows would actually work the way it advertises itself to be, but crawling around pulling out plugs, or disconnecting adaptors seems to be the only way so, so be it.
    Thanks for the responses

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice