1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Automatic Fast User Switching

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by haku_nin, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haku_nin

haku_nin Thread Starter

Hi,

Is there any way to automate Fast User Switching on Windows XP?

Say, there are 2 users, user1 and user2. How can I automate the switching procedure to user2?

Thanks,
    Haku

2. sy2

sy2

I'm not quite sure what you mean here... do you want to create a shortcut that will automatically switch over to user2 when you click it or what?

Although I have it disabled, I was under the impression that fast user switching was already pretty automated; just 2 or 3 clicks right?

3. haku_nin

haku_nin Thread Starter

I would like the automated FUS programmatically. So, for example, there are 2 users, user1 and user2. Under the User Account control panel, Welcome screen and FUS are enabled. When user one run 'the program', windows supposed to do the user switching. So user1 is still logon, while user2 login. I cannot do this with GUI interaction (programmatically) because I found out that, if I run a program that simulate mouse action on user1, the program only works until the welcome screen shows up. After that, the program loses control. So, my question will be whether there is a call that can do this or, how to gain control during the welcome screen, so I can simulate my mouse movement.

Thanks
    Haku

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/385265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice