1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Automatic Log on :(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by warchief, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. warchief

warchief Thread Starter

I share this desktop with my family and after using the Compaq QuickRestore it now logs on to the owners account, untill i deleted it, and now and message pop ups and still trys to log on to it.

How do I tunr off the auto Login?:confused:

2. Demono

Demono

You can do so through the registry but there is another way with a small Microsoft tweaking utility called TweakUI

1. Download and install TweakUI from here. You can find it on the right side in the list. Don't get the "Itanium-based" one, get the one above it.
    2. After its installed, launch it from "Powertoys For Windows XP" from the start menu.
    3. Find "Logon" in the list, press the plus symbol to expand it and highlight "Autologon"
    4. Uncheck the box that says "Logon automatically at system startup" and then click the "Apply" button. Reboot if needed.

Hope this helps.

3. korgul

korgul

Do they have accounts on this PC still? If not will they still be using this PC?
    Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> User accounts -> user accounts -> Change the way users log on and off -> uncheck the use welcome screen

4. warchief

warchief Thread Starter

TweakUI worked, Thanks for the help :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/456279

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice