Automatic logoff outlook express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ALEXSTONE

In the past whenever I closed outlook express the identity was logged off automatically. I now am using OE 6 and for some reason it has stopped logging off unless I use the "exit & log-off" option under FILE. The "use this identity when starting" box is not checked. How do I correct this problem? Alex

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi ALEXSTONE

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

In Outlook Express,
File > Identities > Manage Identities
remove the checkmark for Use this Identity when starting a program
Close

Then close Outlook Express using the X button.

Reboot.

Open Outlook Express, you should see the window with the Identities listed.

There is a script you can download from this site:
Force Identity Logon
It forces Outlook Express to ask which Identity is to be logged in each time Outlook Express is opened.
The script clears the registry of the last Identity used, which is shown on that site.
I have used it and the script works far better than the method above.

Let us know if it works for you or not.

ALEXSTONE

The check was removed and it did not help. What and how do I access the "script".
Thanks Alex

ALEXSTONE

I found the script on another web site and it works great. Thanks again, Alex

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts