1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Automatic Logon

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Wet Chicken, Dec 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken Thread Starter

I recently formated my computer and the other day I installed Win ME and IE 6.0. Before I reformatted, I could click on my IE icon on my desktop and it would automatically start my dialer and log onto the net for me. Now I have to enter in the password each time I start the browser.

I looked everywhere but I couldn't find how to set it up for automatic connection, like it was before.

Can anyone help me and tell me how to do this? Thank you.

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Setting up an Internet connection
    The Internet Connection wizard provides you with an easy way to get connected to the Internet. Whether you've never explored the Internet before or have spent many hours online, the Internet Connection wizard can help you set up a connection.

For new Internet users, the Internet Connection wizard creates an Internet connection for you, and then displays a list of Internet service providers (ISPs) and information about their services. You can sign up for a new account by clicking an ISP in the list.

If you already have an account with an ISP and want to create an Internet connection to your account, the Internet Connection wizard collects all the necessary information from you and then creates the connection.

If you are not already running the wizard, you can start it as follows:

Open Internet Options in Control Panel.
    On the Connections tab, click Setup.
    Follow the instructions on your screen.
    Notes

Another way to open Control Panel is to click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    You can also open Internet Options from within the browser by clicking the Tools menu and then clicking Internet Options.

3. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

When you click the icon, the box that comes up should have the options to save password and log on automatically. You need to put a check in these boxes.

4. Wet Chicken

Hi DoyceJ.

The two checkboxes are not available, and are grayed out. I guess I might be asking how to make them available, so that I can check them off.

5. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

6. Wet Chicken

Thank you DoyceJ. I fixed the registry as explained and it works now.

Life is good ;)

7. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Well, that makes it good for me too. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice