1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Automatic reboot when viewing video or playing sounds

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by indyt76, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. indyt76

indyt76 Thread Starter

Every time i view a video or play sound my computer reboots. Also none of the games that we use on the computer will play for longer than about one minute before rebooting. This comp. is a IBM 300 pII with 4gig 64mb ram and a 8mb video card. Video card is brand new replacing a cirrus logic 2 mb and the sound card has also just been installed. I haved tried everything from reinstalling Win98 se to new hardware and running dianostics programs that say everything is running fine..please help me :):confused:

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Was the old "card" an add on or an integrated card? Was it disabled or removed before installing the new. Are their any Device or IRQ conflicts indicated in the Device Manager?

3. indyt76

indyt76 Thread Starter

the old cirrus logic card did the same thing.. always rebooting. I installed the 8mb pci card to see if it would fix the problem. The old cirrus logic chipset in on board so i just disabled it under the device manger for windows

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Look at the IRQ settings by double clicking the computer icon in the Device manager. Are the sound and video IRQs shared with each other or anything else?

5. $teve

$teve

did you disable the on-chip card in your bios?

6. indyt76

indyt76 Thread Starter

Under windows information, The only irqs that are shared are the ones that say IrQ holder for PCI steering under the hardware profile. The problem still exsit with or with out my new video card installed. Still reboots even if im running the cirrus logic chip. I installed the new card to see if that would fix the problem

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64234

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice