1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

automatic reconnect after disconnect

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by namo, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. namo

namo Thread Starter

Hello,

My Question is related to Networking but here might be the suitable place for it. I am always connected to Town Wifi with no encryption but to have internet access I have to open the browser and I will be forwarded to a page where I should enter the user name and password after that I have internet access. In normal ISP you can automatically reconnect after disconnection but for this one if I am disconnected from them , I have to open the browser where I should enter the user name and password again.

the problem is that ISP dissconnect the users Twice daily so if I have download I come back to find that the download stopped because there is no internet connection and I have to resume it by entering the user name and password.

there are two cases for the problem. I prefer a solution for case one but solution for case two also OK

1- automatic reconnect after disconnect. So If the internet dissconnect. A Program open the browser and enter the user name and password to have the internet connection back. if the page for the user name and password didn't appear, this mean that ISP is offline for all user for fixing some problem and the program should try again later.

2- trying to open the browser at certain times for example every 4 or 6 hrs to enter the user name and password. if opening the browser doesn't take the program to page for entering the user name and password, this mean that there is internet or there is problem with the ISP and should try again later.

I remembered that there are programs that record your action on the computer and it is create exe or other file that repeat the action that you did. this might solve 2 if you make this file run at certain times.

I perfer the solution 1 or better one.

I am begginer in computers so I need ready programs that do this. I will reply to your questions if you didn't understand my problem completely.

Note: my OS is Windows XP Home SP3.

2. namo

namo Thread Starter

please move my post to the Networking section if I am going to get better response

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/825816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice