1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Automatic Reminder email from Excel 2013 in Windows 7 pc

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ashook, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashook

ashook Thread Starter

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post here. I am using Excel 2013 OS win 7. I need your help in developing a mechanism to send an automated outlook mail, when the due date of a project is nearing 3 hours, 2 hours & 1 hour away from the current date & time. The script should preferably run automatically every time the PC is running when the excel file is open.

In the attached excel file, An email should go of to -email address (Col. F), with subject "number (Col. B) is due on Due date and time (Col. E)", and body "Dear Name(Col. F), please finish your project asap".

Also, the script should put a check mark on Reminder sent column (Col. G) after the mail is sent, the script should also check if the value of the cell is blank before sending email.

I have scoured the forum for similar problems, and although I found a number of of threads,I am not proficient enough in VBA to modify them to my needs.

I'd really appreciate any help,

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice