1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

automatic shutdown?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mraaron012, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mraaron012

mraaron012 Thread Starter

is there a program or something that will enable me to shut down a computer at a certain time? Again, I work at a library and it's a pain turning off eight computers every night, with only one person on during evening hours.

For example, it would be ideal if I could turn off all computers by 7:45 pm each night, or whatever time I may want. Thanks in advance.

2. rawmeat

rawmeat

You could schedule a shutdown task, either on each PC, or using remote shutdown (in resource kit) from your system. If you need the system to completely power down, make sure that power settings are enabled so that the shutdown turns off power when complete. Since the shutdown utility is part of the resource kit, you probably want to run it remotely from your system, unless you have purchased it for all systems already. There may be a less expensive or free shutdown utility on the web, but for security's sake, I use the resource kit.

Hope this helps!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice