automatic shutdown?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mraaron012

is there a program or something that will enable me to shut down a computer at a certain time? Again, I work at a library and it's a pain turning off eight computers every night, with only one person on during evening hours.

For example, it would be ideal if I could turn off all computers by 7:45 pm each night, or whatever time I may want. Thanks in advance.

You could schedule a shutdown task, either on each PC, or using remote shutdown (in resource kit) from your system. If you need the system to completely power down, make sure that power settings are enabled so that the shutdown turns off power when complete. Since the shutdown utility is part of the resource kit, you probably want to run it remotely from your system, unless you have purchased it for all systems already. There may be a less expensive or free shutdown utility on the web, but for security's sake, I use the resource kit.

Hope this helps!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online