Automatic update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Neesh

Can I configure windows automatic update to stop downloading automatically. I would prefer to go to the site and choose what downloads I want. Any help is appreciated, cheers

If your system happens to be XP, right click on my computer. Click Properties, then auto update tab. Put a tick in turn off auto updates. Click apply>ok.

Debe

Hi, I have got lazy and used the auto for a while and it seems to work alright.

Even if it downloads it automatically you still have a choice of installing it or not. Peace Mal

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Since you want to do this manually, you might also go to Computer Management, Services, and disable the Automatic Update service, since it's just using memory for no purpose. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online