automatic updates not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tindo

hi there. my windows xp (sp2) automatic updates is not working and none of the remedies suggested on the microsoft site have worked. whatever i try, they remain disabled. is there any way this important feature can be fixed? thanks.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Open Internet Explorer, click Tools - Windows Updates, allow the update site to load, then run a scan.

Does the scan complete and bring up a list of updates to install?

(Personally, I don't keep Automatic Updates set to automatically download and install updates. I keep it set to notify me only. I like to know what updates are available and then decide which ones get installed.)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Can you post a HijackThis log here? It might show something that's causing the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------

If you come up clean on virus and spyware, I have fixed this issue with installing Sp3 believe it or not!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online