1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

automatically adding to address book / contacts

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by virtualgeorg, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtualgeorg

virtualgeorg Thread Starter

I had some users switch from outlook express to outlook so since it is easier to backup their emails by only needing 1 pst file.

But now they complain because there is no feature in outlook that automatically adds people they correspond with to their address book like it did when they were using outlook express.
    From what I read it looks like that function is discontinued in all versions of outlook? But I did find some add-ins that would do it for only $15.00, is that the best way to go?

Another thing is that it seems that people with outlook 2002 have the autocomplete feature that fills in the email address when they start typing the first few characters but I have someone using outlook 2000 and I could not get the autocomplete function to work. I had "name checking" checked but not sure if that is what does it. Or do I need to upgrade outlook 2000 to 2002 to enable that function?

Any tips or suggestions appreciated.

thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice