1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Automatically attaching a file to an email

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by cowplopmorris, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowplopmorris

cowplopmorris Thread Starter

Hi,
    Currently I have a Windows batch file which performs a number of file related tasks. However, the final thing I want it to do is open a new email with Outlook Express* and automatically attach a file, leaving the user to complete the rest of the email and send it.

At the moment, I'm basically running mailto: from the batch file, however, there doesn't seem to be a way to provide a file for it to automatically attach.

If anyone has any idea of how to do this, or any pointers in the right direction, this would be much appreciated. VBscripts, C++/VB, anything as long as I can call it from a batch file and doesn't require user interaction.

Thanks in advance.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. cowplopmorris

cowplopmorris Thread Starter

Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in replying.

Thanks for your reply. I'll have a look once I finally get Visual Studio installed, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice