Automatically blocking annoying CSS social media side bars

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Everway9

Drew
Hi everyone. :)

More and more these days we see a vertical bar at the left side of web pages with social media links. I believe they are called CSS Social Media Sidebars. They usually cover up what your trying to read. They really annoy me and I was wondering if there is a way to automatically stop them loading with webpages.

I know that you can use Ad Block Plus to remove some but that doesn't always work and it's not automatic.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance. :)

[/IMG]

Everway9

Drew
A couple of people recommended that I'd try uBlock and Ghostery. The combination of the two have eradicated the CSS bars. :)

Everway9

Drew
Awesome. :)

Thanks very muchly indeed for posting that. I won't have to use the other two. The less extensions in chrome the better. :)

plodr

Liz
You're welcome.
I don't use Chrome but I too prefer to keep my addons down to a bare minimum - less chance for conflicts.

Experienced this same thing, it's indeed a tad annoying. Thanks for sharing your solution! Will try this too!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online