Automatically Deleted Files on Local Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aalnaif

Hi,
I'm at work, and I left my computer to go to eat lunch. For some reason, when I returned all of my files in My Documents on my local drive were automatically deleted. Does anyone know why this could have possibly occured? No one else had access to my computer while I was gone. I am using Windows XP.

Hmm, depends on where you work, for instance on some school computers specific folders get emptied all the time - it's a policy thing, could this be the case?

aalnaif

No, I've been using this computer every day, and this is the first time it happened. I contacted the IT department at my workplace, and they're not sure why this occured.

If the IT department didnt do it. And you didnt do it. And it has never happened before. I would say you are either looking at some form of malware, or some form of malicious person. =[

bearone2

Banned
is the machine password proteceted when you leave?
if not, someone deleted them and unless the recycle bin was emptied, should be available.

i've never heard of an auto delete of files in my docs.
it would be counter productive to have to restart work everyday.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online