1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Automating the mount c d:\folder command

Discussion in 'Games' started by fredagnir, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fredagnir

fredagnir Thread Starter

I am new in DOSbox. I don't run games. I have a flatfile database that runs on DOS. Can someone tell me whether I can automate the mount c: d:\folder command?

2. wiley8425

wiley8425

Yes. You can. Go into your dosbox folder and edit the dosbox.conf file. At the end should be an [autoexec] section in the file. Add your "mount c d:\folder" command under the [autoexec] heading along with any other commands you'd like to execute when dosbox starts. If that heading isn't in the file, you can just add it to the end of the file. When done, it should look like:

3. fredagnir

fredagnir Thread Starter

How do I find the dosbox folder and dosbox.conf file? I am running Windows 7 Professional and I don't see it among the Program Files. Does it make a difference what OS I use?

4. fredagnir

fredagnir Thread Starter

I found it and made the changes in the autoexec section. thanks

5. fredagnir

fredagnir Thread Starter

Hi Wiley,

I have forgotten how to write a menu. I see that you have a menu line in the autoexec section. Can you refresh me? Thanks.

6. wiley8425

wiley8425

It's not a menu. It's a command to run a batch file called 'menu' after it finishes everything else.

7. fredagnir

fredagnir Thread Starter

I know. I used to write menu batch files myself. What I have forgotten is how to activate a menu choice. I have all the batch files that I need to run as soon as I get to the C prompt. All I am doing is to create one more shortcut so I don't have to type the name of every batch file I want. Actually, it's for my wife that I want to do this. I don't mind typing the name of every batch file I want to run. Thank you so much, Wiley, for your help. Through DOSBox, we have resurrected a simple flat file database that we had been dependent on for 15 years or more. It's all we need and don't care for all the bells and whistles that modern Windows relational databases offer.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice