1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

autoplay on win xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by okeee, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

(win xp)
    Autoplay was disabled by some antivirus program, I want to enable it again but it doesn't work. Both optical and virtual dvd drives have no autoplay. I tried tweakui, set all drives to enable autoplay, but it didn't work.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try this fix: Enable CD Autoplay

Save the .reg file to your desktop. Double-click it to merge it to the registry.

Reboot.

If the fix only opens as a text file, right-click it and select Open With > Choose Program... Then, select the Registry Editor.

If the Registry Editor is not in the list, browse to C:\WINDOWS and select regedit.

If no luck,

Try the AutoPlay Repair Tool.

3. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

Ok, I think "autorun" should be fixed, if a game disc is in the dvd-drive, the game should automatically run.
    What fix should work, because that fix used for "autoplay" ?

4. Phantom010

5. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

6. Phantom010

7. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

Yeah, I'd rather try from MS themselves, if they have it..Yes I wan to remove autofix.

8. Phantom010

I think you simply right-click it and delete it. It's a simple .EXE file. It didn't require any installation, did it? If not, simply delete the program if you don't need it anymore.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice