AutoPlay wont run on its own

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bakry

Hi,

Lately, i've realized that everytime i put in an application cd/dvd into my drive, it wont autorun on its on. [ie: when i put in a game cd/dvd, the usual "play game, uninstall, update. etc" window will not pop up on its own].

I have to manually right click on the dvd drive in my computer and click AutoPlay for it to happen. Its a bit of a hassle even tho its a small problem. As for movies, it doesnt work automatically too. Before this, it would automatically run QuickPlay for movies. Now i would have to manually click Quickplay

I've checked the other solutions in this forum, such as checking the rededit, services.msc and i have tried using the autoplay repair wizard from microsoft. But my cd/dvds till wont autorun.

Please Help.

Thank you

bakry

Sorry but i am the only one using this laptop, hence i am an admin user.

Thanks for the reply anyway :(

Try

My Computer > Right click on the CDROM Drive > Properties > Autoplay

You should be able to configure it here.

bakry

hi, like i said in my first post... i already tried that too :(

bonk

Banned
Yes I see at closer inspection

Seems like you have tried most things

Have you tried Check Disk

Try this click Start>>Run type cmd click Ok.

In the Command Prompt type chkdsk /r click Enter

You will be asked if you want a check disk to run on next startup click Y and then press Enter

Restart your PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts