1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Autopopulate excel worksheet viz button click

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by weaholt, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. weaholt

weaholt Thread Starter

Hi

I have been trying to find a solution to my problem of autopopulating one worksheet from another within the same workbook. I found this thread http://forums.techguy.org/business-applications/732913-solved-populate-word-document-excel-2.html which was sort of what I am looking for, but my needs are more indepth!!

I have a worksheet with team names down column A, manager names down column B and then dates running from C1 onwards. What I want to be able to do is, click the button on the DATA worksheet and have the team id, manager name, room number, number of checks, date of check and current date (which I have managed to do!) automatically transferred into the TEMPLATE worksheet in the correct cells (shaded yellow) for any checks that have a value greater than zero. I would like it to populate the template, print it out and then move down to the next row where the value is greater than zero, populate and print and then move down...........I wouls really, really appreciate it if someone could help? I have been sat here for what seems like an eternity trying to play with the code in the examples on the above link.

I have included an attachment of the spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance.
    maria x

PS apologies for silly typo in title!! should've been VIA!

Attached Files:

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

I'm a bit confused on what the values in columns D - M represent and how they are to be used. Could you explain again and possible post a completed template so I can see what the results should look like before being printed?

Rollin

3. weaholt

weaholt Thread Starter

Hi Rollin

Thanks for your reply. The numbers in columns D onwards are the number of checks completed for a particular manager. What currently happens, is when a manager has a check logged against them, the check will be entered under the appropriate date, the check will be printed off and then at the end of the day the template on the second sheet will be manually completed with the number of checks enclosed and then printed off to be sent.
    The test spreadsheet is just an example of the data,but if it was to be fully completed it would just have various numbers entered.
    I'm actually replying from my phone at the mo and can't get access to a PC until later to populate the template, but the first yellow field would be the number of checks (a value from column D onwards), the 2nd field for check date would be the date from the top row, the 3rd field (team name ) would be data from col A, the 4th field (name) would be managers name from col B and finally room would be from col C.
    The template is basically a covering sheet for a number of checks that will be sent out to managers as hard copies. That's why i need the code to NOT populate the template if the number entered us zero, it would just need to move to the next row.
    I hope I have made sense?!
    Thanks again
    Maria x

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

So the macro should only evaluate the check numbers in the rightmost column?

Rollin

5. weaholt

weaholt Thread Starter

The macro would copy the relevant data to the appropriate parts of the template....so if I wanted to produce completed templates for all the checks done on 01/01/11 I would place the cursor on that date and the macro would look down that column for any numbers greater than zero and it would then populate the template with the number of checks, managers name etc - so in this example the macro would first come to a number 5 so it would populate the template with the following info - 5 checks, Check date of 01/01/11, team 1, name of J Jones, room 222. It would then print that template and look at the next row to see if any checks were done or if the No is greater than zero.....in this eg The next row is 0 so it would not populate anything in respect of Team 2, it would look at the next row..... Any clearer?

Thanks x

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice