Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autoreply in Outlook 2000 on email account mail came in on (not default)

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dcmbrown 
#1 ·
I used the following MS Knowledge Base article to create an autoreply message (since we don't use MS Exchange Server in our office I don't have the Out of Office Assistant):

support.microsoft.com/?kbid=248830

(hhmm... seems I'm not allowed to post active urls since I am new here, the non-active link above works if you cut and paste it to your browser.)
I've never created an autoreply message before but I was pretty sure there was some way to do it so I tracked that down.
The only problem is that I only want to create this autoreply for a email account. which is not the default email account. In the template file I even specified to send the message using the account the email comes in on, but it replies using the default mail account rather than the one I want it to.

My Rule for this is:

1. Check mail on arrival from this altername account
2. Reply using template C:\Documents and Settings\user\Applications\Templates\OutOfOffice.oft
3. stop rule processing

In reality part 2 of this rule should be:
Reply using template C:\Documents and Settings\user\Applications\Templates\OutOfOffice.oft and send via altername account

Is there any way to set the reply to use the non-default account rather than the default one?

If not, can anyone suggest an application which will do this?

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.