1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

autorun.inf won't execute

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by xseedman, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xseedman

xseedman Thread Starter

I have one computer that suddenly quit executing the autorun.inf file on a CD that I made. It was working OK but suddenly stopped. Other CDs with autorun files work, and this CD worked for a while on 2 other computers and now they won't execute. I don't have a clue as to what caused this or how to correct.

The intent of this file is to open a htm file in a browser when the CD is inserted. This browser window acts as a index to navigate to other files on the CD.

O/S is Windows xp Home

Burned another CD and same results.

Autorun.inf file contents:
    [autorun]
    open=shellexe.exe index1.htm

shellexe.exe is in the root directory of the CD

2. xseedman

xseedman Thread Starter

While trying to work through this I found the problem with the other computers. It was a "me" problem that isn't really software or hardware related. Rather not go into details.

I still have the problem with the first computer.

I have made sure that IE is the default browser, and checked the autorun setting on the optical drives.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice