1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AUX help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by artik, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. artik

artik Thread Starter

hey im new to your guys forums and i was really looking for some help. See the thing is i bought a AUX cable and i was planning to do line in with that because my sound card apparently doesnt support it nomatter what i do (i followed all the guides on possible ways and no luck) so it worked. i plugged headphones to mic and perfect quality.

But this brings me to my real issue, i wanted to hook the AUX from the headphone jack on my other rig to the mic jack on my laptop so i would have that line in working. When i did it i could hear what was playing on the other computer comming through but it had so much static and interference. I turned off the boost and the level of recieve and send on both comps, played round with that for a long time. No luck so far. Is there any suggestions you guys know of because i really want to get this working.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

There is really no such thing as an "AUX" cable.

AUX means Auxiliary, a generic term. It has no descriptive term when applied to a "cable", perhaps you could describe what it is you have bought?

And headhone or Line out should never be used for Mic in recording on the other end, the power level and impedance match is way off.

3. artik

artik Thread Starter

sorry i mean its like the same input as a headphone or a mic, its one of those 3mm plugs.

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Can you expalin "I plugged headphones to mic and perfect quality"?
    Makes little sense to me.

Step by step, if you explain what you want to do, how you have gone about it, someone here may have the answer.

But using the microhone input is probably not going to be the answer.

5. artik

artik Thread Starter

well the wire i got is a headphone input (Male) on both sides. i plugged one end to the mic part and one end to the headphone part. so its basically a line-in or stereo mix. I wanted to plug one end to the output of one computer to the mic input of another, so what is heard from one computer is recorded as a microphone on the other. Seeing as i tested this on one computer i figured it would work but i got alot of static when i tried it across two computers. Is there a decoder or something i need to get? I was thinking change the KHz input on the recorder to the output of the player, but no luck. I am fresh out ideas and i really wana get this working.

6. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

Try plugging the cable in the line in (blue slot) instead of microphone plug (pink slot). If I got you right that should do the trick...hopefully!

Like this (lol) diagramm!

PC1 output :D -------------------------------------------------------------> :rolleyes: PC2 input

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice