1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

AV Protection 2011 fake

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by unyuftz, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unyuftz

unyuftz Thread Starter

AV Protection 2011 has seized my computer! System boots up but shows me only the window with the fake detections. The keyboard and mouse are both frozen, which is weird because I can't even click on the button that it wants me to click to buy the fake software. If I start in safe mode, the result is exactly the same. no mouse or keyboard. The only thing I can do is press the power button to turn the computer off, and when I restart it, I get the same thing again. If I could get the mouse freed up I might be able to get rid of it with Malwarebytes, but I can't do anything.
    How can I get the mouse freed up so that I can at least work in safe mode to get this thing off my system. I can't upload system info because I am using a different computer, but I am running windows XP Professional and do not have the installation disk. I have the installation disk for this computer (XP Home Edition) Can I use that to get the other computer going so I can work on it? And how would I do that? If not, what can I do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice