1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Avast Anti Virus

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by maswad, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maswad

maswad Thread Starter

Has any one try the Advast Anti Virus program it is free and has free update
    I always used AVG but was wondering if any one try advast

2. Maritimesea

Maritimesea

Never heard of it. I use AVG as well and in my opinion it works well, lifetime free updates, relatively unbloated when compared to norton or mcafee, oh and the program itself is free. But it's not a "freeware" program. It's the norton equivalant in Europe. So, as long as a software program that costs money in Europe is given to me for free, I see no reason to look for something else.

3. Tranquility

Tranquility

I tried Avast for a while on my laptop. I liked it because it didn't slow the laptop down (it was a P3 1.1 GHz Coppermine) and it had automatic updates and it caught a few worms and viruses. I personally liked it.

4. johnni

johnni

I was using AVG and was satisfied with it except when some updating problems occurred. However, after reinstalling Windows I decided to change to Avast which is also OK. It quietly checks all activities including emails and you can right-click a file in order to scan it (useful for downloads). It also reminds you if you are closing down with a CD still in the drive.
    Updates are completely automatic with a non-irritating voice announcement that it has just happened!
    Suits me fine. Available free from http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html

johnni

5. glory_ninja

glory_ninja

I HATE avast when i installed it. my computer was going crazy... i installed avast home edition and everytime i click soemthing it says warning virus has been found on your computer that ennoys me... it cant remove it nor heal it.

sorry for my spelling mistakes

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272587

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice