1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Avast FREE Version....

Discussion in 'General Security' started by HarrierUSA, Feb 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarrierUSA

HarrierUSA Thread Starter

I use Avast with my Win 8.1 and have been happy with it til now. I have been getting daily reminders to update my Avast to a premium version and to stop getting the reminders last time, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it making sure I have the Free version downloaded and not a Trail version but it has started to prompt me again after only a few weeks on the new install.

If I have the free version I wouldn't expect to be prompted to upgrade to a paid version or is this what to expect? Is this the same for others that have it?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. Yes that is what you may expect
    However, if you are using Free Antivirus 2015, the only way to disable the sale offers is to upgrade your protection to the paid one.

2. The simple solution is to uninstall AVAST and use the FREE and no sales pop-ups - Windows defender included with 8/8.1
    and indeed IMHO your system will run more smoothly and with no problems - as against the use of the FREE Avast.
    Avast is good of that there is little doubt, but I am not convinced that the free AVAST is the best for Windows 8.1

3. HarrierUSA

HarrierUSA Thread Starter

Thank you for your time and suggestion....... I will try defender and give it the comparison test.(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice