1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by yoboby, Nov 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yoboby

yoboby Thread Starter

I'm trying to find a good avatar making tutorial and can we add images in our signatures.

I have Photoshop CS2

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

No... only links to them

nothing different about making an avatar than any other image except that most are limited size wise...

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

[​IMG]
    I assume you might mean an Animated Avatar.

Never found a Tutorial .. but poking around and scratching my head … I found ...
    In Photoshop .. It starts with making the individual frames in layers.
    Then switch to "Edit in Image Ready" ....
    Make and edit the time line then save as an Optimized gif.

Here ... I used the warp tool to wiggle the fingers in three different layers.
    Since the timing was going to be the same for all frames .. I opened the Animation window in Photoshop … Made the animation .. then “saved for web”
    The saved image will then be animated.

You should be able to open this gif in Image Ready .. then you'll get the three frames as Layers.
    Basically the same as my original psd file.

Attached Files:

• duh.gif
      duh.gif
      File size:
      51.3 KB
      Views:
  4. yoboby

yoboby Thread Starter

Thanks for the info but i already know how to make animated .gifs(my avatar was made by me) i was just wondering if there any good avatar making tutorials to help me make better ones.(y)

5. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

if you know how to make an animated gif you already know. The only real challenge is making something small enough to conform to the forum rules you want the avatar for.

I use photoshop 6 myself (can't afford to upgrade) but a site I use just to mess around with tutorials you might find interesting is

Good-Tutorials

6. yoboby

yoboby Thread Starter

Cool I'll check that site out!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/519389

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice