1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by 700mb80min, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned Thread Starter

I`ve been trying to re-size this avatar for an hour and have shrunk it down to nothing , but still it says over the maximum pixels . GIF was the program i tried as well as irfanview ( couldn`t get it to work ) and need some help . Can someone please configure this to fit as an avatar ?

...........thanks 700mb80min

p.s. hate to be a pushy wooshy , but the text of " 700mb80min " under the image would be grand if possible .:)

Attached Files:

2. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

But it's pretty small ... will work on the name later :)..

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

did all this at Gifworks... www.gifworks.com ... might be able to do better if i fire up a gif animator and split the frames...but...Seahawks are Playing San Fran ... :D

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. 700mb80min

Thanks Rhettman5.1 , no rush and will use it like it is for now . The link you supplied was the program i tried and was having trouble with it and for some reason would only work with opera browser and not myie2 , or crazy browser and i couldn`t figure it out .

A gif animator is out of my league but a tutorial link on photo enhancing and manipulaton would be great .

.... .... .... thanks again 700mb80min

5. 700mb80min

Does irfanview or psp8 have the ability to resize/place text onto this avatar ? What are you all using to alter avatars and photos ?

...thanks 700mb80min

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

I would think that PSP8 does, since PSP7 had it. Actually it is AnimationShop3 but it comes with PSP7. I have not spent the upgrade money because I like V7 and I haven't seen enough difference as of yet.

7. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

I found the origonal of the dancing baby you posted, there are 170 frames in that animation, it would be way to big to use for a avatar, I did play with this one a bit, using ulead gif animator, might be able to smoothe the frames a bit, but it's along the same lines as the other...Rhett

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

OK, here is what I came up with. It still has 62 frames but it's down to 50X50 pixels and only 42kb. I can reduce it some more if needed.

Attached Files:

9. Rhettman5.1

Rhettman5.1

" 50 by 50 pixels or 20000 bytes (whichever is smaller)." is the size of avitar allowed at the site.

The image you built is the right size 50x50 pixels, however at 42000 bytes , it's twice the bytes allowed, that's why the frames need to be cut down. then it starts getting jerky, kind of hard to reach a balance :)...Rhett

10. 700mb80min

yep , the other baby was too large , but the guitar baby looks great and i`ll go with that.:)

that was great of you both for your time and much appreciated.........:)

11. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Here it is 18K

Attached Files:

12. 700mb80min

It worked that time , thanks again . Now i will alternate between the two as both are a piece of work.:)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171522

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice