emoxley

I just can't believe some people nowadays!
Somebody complained about my avatar here (dog with a gun to his head).
That picture was the cover to the most sought after, and most valuable issue of National Lampoon, that's ever been published.
I was asked to change it, so I did. I certainly don't want to cause trouble, or cause someone to have nightmares.

To whoever complained...........
Is the Batman avatar ok? I certainly am glad I don't have to live a life, with such a bleeding heart.
Rant over.............. :(

Emo,

I didn't see it but I know how a few people that would 'cause.... unhappiness.

Theres a world of avatars to find.

Or you could make your own..

Alan

I'm no expert but managed a few avatars. The specs for this forum: "The maximum size of your custom image is 50 by 50 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)."

My present one here is a photo of my grandson at his favorite hobby. I opened the photo in an imaging program (Corel PhotoPaint) - resampled it to 50 pixels wide (& proportional height) at 72 dpi and saved it. Then in my User Control Panel > Edit Avatar "I Uploaded an Avatar From Your Computer:" I think it was too large and had to redo it to 47wide so it comes under 19.5kb

A GIF with transparent background works too.

Ken

OR

If you want a moving avatar you need to get a program for it.
I had a great one but I can't remember it now, I'll let you knoew here.

It's just like animation, you have to have many many many frames to make the characters movement look fluid.

Alan

What Alan said.
I change mine all the time. I use either Macormedia Fireworks and Flash or Adobe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online