1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Average Temp for my GPU?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by The Sinister, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The Sinister

The Sinister Thread Starter

Is 89C for a NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT a high temperature?

2. keik12

keik12

Well for a gpu its quite high, is that after a 3 day nonstop gaming fest or what!?!?!?

My whole system runs at 65-70 C, a few things you might wanna check, make sure the onboard cooling system(fan) is working correctly, if that is true, may wanna look into a fan just for you gpu.

3. InfernoReaper

InfernoReaper

I think 89C is high for any GPU. I assume it's a single slot card with a low profile fan. You may want to clean out the dust or get some better airflow in your case.

I've seen some newer AMD cards get close to that while next to each other in Crossfire, but that seems excessive, especially with an older card like that.

4. The Sinister

The Sinister Thread Starter

Nope. It actually starts getting hot after about 10-20 minutes of gaming.

Yeah, I took the side off of the tower, and put a box fan in front of it as a temporary fix.
    I have it blowing in, although I feel it might not be a good idea. Would that blow a lot of dust inside the computer? And do you think it would cool down well if I had the fan sucking the air out?

5. keik12

keik12

I have my front fan of my cause blowing out, but i think you may defiantly need to look into either a bigger case, or more fans, cause somethings not right.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/785482

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice