1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

average

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wdisneymom, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wdisneymom

wdisneymom Thread Starter

I am using access 2000 and have a query with the length of stay for 14 clients..What is the best and Easiest way to calculate the average

2. Rockn

Rockn

Do it directly in a report. Use the wizard and it will be a piece of cake.

3. wdisneymom

thanks for the quick response
    I created the report and am not sure where to do the calculation

4. Rockn

Rockn

If you used the wizard method then there was a dialog area where it asked if you wanted to tolta, sum, average and there is also an area for grouping results.

5. wdisneymom

I used the report wizaed and it never asked me about totals, average etc...maybe I missed something

6. Rockn

Rockn

You have to group your results to be able to calculate averages. There is a section(second item in I think) that asks "Do you want to add any grouping levels?". Once you select an item to group by there will be another button at the botton of the next tab you go to.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/88449

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice