AVG 2011 Free Anti-Virus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

1Angus

HI, I use Windows Vista 32 bit. I cannot remove AVG 2011 Free Anti-Virus. When I use AVG Uninstaller in my programs menu i get chinese writing, i click on a combination of boxes, as I don't speak Chinese, but whatever i do it eventually fails. Have read other threads and tried to download removall tools such as AVG removall tool, Revouninstaller, but the problem I have is I cannot download them. When i try to download them I get a box which says "do you want to run or save this file". I have tried both. I get to 100% downloaded but then nothing else happens, nothing else appears. If i have chosen the save option, wherever I save it to I cannot then find it. just want to be able to download something, hopefully a removall tool. Thanks

valis

sounds like you got hit with a virus. Let me find someone to verify that.

thanks,

v

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
1- Please click HERE to download HijackThis.
2- Run the program.
3- Click on the Main Menu button if not already there.
4- Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
5- Copy and paste the scan log from Notepad into your next reply.
6- Do not "Fix" anything unless advised to do so.

For Windows 7 and Vista:

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the brand name, model name, and model number of that computer?

Why were you trying to remove AVG Free 2011?

---------------------------------------------------------

1Angus

Thanks for reply. Was trying to remove AVG Security because 2012 did not work properly. Anyways have sorted problem by going into Compter, C drive, Program Files, found AVG and went into each folder and individually deleted files. Some wouldn't delete but most did. Then I tried to install Revouninstaller again and this time my computer allowed it to download. I was then able to remove AVG 2011. I have since installed AVG 2012 again and this time it is working brillaintly. Thanks for peoples help. Angus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online