1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

avg 2013 update download PROBLEMS EVERYWHERE

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rockfoots, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rockfoots

rockfoots Thread Starter

I downloaded the free AVG 2013 update and my computer immediately started slowing down and having problems. At one point it even undid my browser and could no longer get online. Had to use my server tech support to get back on line. Tried system recovery from many points with no results. Computer got even slower. Finally removed AVG and now I have so many issues I don't know what to do. It is even messing with my bit rate images. Ran more system recovery attempts with no luck. Have little or no anti virus at this time because all attempts at downloading a new one drags unwanted software or different software than chosen. Is it possible that AVG drops a virus bomb if you remove program? I need help.

THANKS in advance!!!!!!!! rockfoots

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.93GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1983 Mb
    Graphics Card: VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP, 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 38138 MB, Free - 19518 MB;
    Motherboard: , P4VM800
    Antivirus: None

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

No, AVG does not drop any virus bomb if you remove it.

To remove AVG, did you run the AVG Remover?

3. rockfoots

rockfoots Thread Starter

I didn't use the AVG remover but I downloaded the free Revo Uninstaller and it shows that it is gone. I'm ready to go buy a anti virus program with a disk. So frustrated. I am currently downloading a malware program to see if that helps, Any advice?

rockfoots

4. Phantom010

I would still run the AVG Remover. The tool is specifically designed to remove AVG better than anything else. We've seen quite a few problems on this forum related to a bad AVG, Norton, or McAfee removal, especially with Internet connections.

5. rockfoots

rockfoots Thread Starter

Have you got a favorite free anti virus? And I am starting the AVG removal.

6. Phantom010

7. rockfoots

rockfoots Thread Starter

Downloaded the AVG remover. When I click on RUN, all it does is open up some strange DOS info in notepad and then closes itself. The RUN prompt is on my screen every time I reboot and always does the same thing. Opens notepad for about 4 seconds and closes itself. I also have to reset my bit rate every time I reboot. The bit rate went to minimum the second I removed the AVG 2013. Am currently trying one last anti virus download with AVAST. If this doesn't work, I guess it is off to the computer store for an antivirus disk.

8. rockfoots

rockfoots Thread Starter

Will windows firewall and mozilla firewall be enough protection? Couldn't find any commercial antivirus that was worth the money.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice